1. Once again we discuss Pharaoh's hard heart.
2. Everyone around him can see the power of God, but he cannot.
3. The question is, can Pharaoh humble himself in front of his countrymen and "give in" to a much more powerful Lord. I think he has clearly shown that his PRIDE will not bear that.
4. The lesson here is that we should humble ourselves under the hand of God- the safest place to be.
5. Jesus' message is also- humble yourselves.
6. In terms of which disciple will sit where in the kingdom, He tells them it is not His place to give...but His Father's.
7. Whoever wants to be great among you must be your servant.
8. Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and give His life as a ransom for many.
9. It is our ultimate responsibility to serve everyone around us and to serve with dignity.
10. Elevating ourselves is not our option to take- it is God's to give and He will only give it to those willing to serve.
Long day, short post.
See you next post...