1. God gives instruction for the making of the garments His priests and high priest will wear. Outward expressions of inward holiness.
2. We will be separated into groups to sit on the right or left side of the throne. It clearly says those on the left will be cast into the eternal fires...to spend some quality time with the devil and his demons. Eternal punishment! This is contrary to what the teachers of the "health and wealth gospel" or "prosperity gospel" would have us believe.
3. ..."I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!" How do we treat people we consider inferior? Lessers?
4. Jesus again warns His disciples about what's about to happen.
5. The woman with the alabater jar
- The disciples response seems inconsistent. They still have not accepted that He won't be with them much longer.
- She does an incredible thing for Jesus and anoints His body for burial.
6. A couple of things strike me here:
- Jesus is about to die, and His closest companions have no idea what's going on. This woman's gift of anointing is something that the disciples could have done for Him, but they didn't.
- But more importantly, I think this is a metaphor... Jesus is after our hearts, not just our intellects. We serve an awesome and mighty God, who, if we allow HIm will do things in and for us that we cannot do for ourselves.
- Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that this did not happen. What I am saying is that it means so much more than first glance. Like everything else in the bible.
7...."But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, “You are my God!” My future is in your hands.
8. Wisdom and good judgment
See you nest post...