We have moved to www.martinamcgowan.com




Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Leviticus 19-20:21; Mark 8:11-38; Psalm 42:1-11; Proverbs 10:17 (New Living Translation)

Old Testament

1. "...You must be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy."

2. Respect for parents, Sabbath, the elderly.

3. Do not worship other idols. "I am the Lord your God."

4. The proper way to offer sacrifices.

5. Leaving food for the poor in the feilds...gleaning.

6. Do not steal or cheat.

7. Do not swear using the Lord's name.

8. Pay wages on time.

9. Do not pervert justice for the rich or poor.

10. Do not gossip.

11. "Do not nurse hatred in your heart..." Feeling convicted yet?

12. No cutting or tatooes.

13. Numerous ways not to have sex, again.

14. Don't offer your children to Molech. Molech (Moloch) is another name for Ba'al (Baal).

15. Avoid spiritual prostitution. You are set apart to be holy.

16. Punishments seem to come in two categories separation or death!

New testament

17. The Pharisees want to see miraculous signs.

18. The disciples lament, then argue that they have forgotten to bring food. Again.

- Jesus laments, the disciples aren't getting it. He has fed the 5,000 and the 4,000 with very little and had food left over.

- It's not about the signs or the food. It's about the hearts. All their hearts are hard. The Son of God is standing in their midst and they are asking for magic tricks.

19. Jesus heals the blind man. He does this in 2 steps. Perhaps demonstrating to the disciples that they too see incompletely. At least until they make that final leep of faith.

20. Jesus finally asks them, "Who do people say I am?"

- They give several answers, but Peter...you've got to love Peter...Peter replied, “You are the Messiah.”

21. Jesus predicts His death and resurrection. but again, the disciples don't want to hear this. Don't they know about the prophecies?

Psalm

22. "As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God."

23. "...But each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me"

24. "Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and my God!"

Proverbs

25. Discipline gives life.

26. Quote- Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me, it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly- Julie Andrews

See you next post...

No comments: