1. More instructions about offerings - guilt, burnt, friendship (also called thanks and promise), peace, grain.
2. The priest's share.
3. The Lord's share.
4. Touching unclean things.
5. Eating fat and blood.
- Please look back to yesterday's discussion. The wonderful and perfect work of Christ on the cross took the place of all these sacrifices. Imagine living in a time and place where everything you did or said required going to the temple and making a sacrifice. And the purpose...so you would not be cut off from your community. Community with people, but more importantly, with God. Jesus did this for us. He is the sacrifice that redeems our relationship with God.
6. Once again, the evil spirits recognize Christ for who he is! The Son of God.
7. Jesus choose the twelve apostles (disciples). There are 2 Simons. Simon, called Peter; Simon, the zealot. And, let's not forget about Judas.
8. The religious teachers try to claim that Jesus is working on behalf of Satan, possessed by an evil spirit, and not from God. His answer, "How can Satan cast out Satan?...A kingdom divided by civil war will collapse...And if Satan is divided and fights against himself, how can he stand? He would never survive." He also warns them against blasphemy against the Holy Spirit...an unforgiveable sin.
9. "Trust in the Lord and do good."
10. "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires."
11. "Trust him, and he will help you."
12. "Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act." Be still...
13. "Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper—
it only leads to harm...The lowly will possess the land
and will live in peace and prosperity."
- Not a lot I can add to David's words today, he says it all so well. In today's New Age language this last portion should strike a cord. The mantra for today should be, "I'd rather have peace than this." Get out of your own way, trust the Lord!
14. Work hard...
See you next post...