We have moved to www.martinamcgowan.com




Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Numbers 28:16-29:40; Luke 3:23-38; Psalm 62:1-12; Proverbs 11:18-19 (New Living Translation)

Old Testament

1. Passover and other Festivals

- Why is this stuff important. Remember that God is building a culture, a people from nothing. The offerings are not so that God remembers, but so that the people remember.

- This is also important because it is the last time Moses will give the people these instructions. And, he really loves them and wants them to succeed and come into all the promises that God has given.

New Testament

2. Lineage (genealogy) of Jesus.

- Most people dislike reading the genealogies, but they are usually there for a purpose.

- This text about Jesus' family trace Him back to Adam, who "was the son of God."

- And isn't that who we are all descended from? No matter who our earthly parents are / were? Our Heavenly Father is God.

Psalm

3. There is so much in what David has to say to us today...

- "...my victory comes from Him"

- "He alone is my rock and my salvation"

- "Let all that I am wait quietly before God"

- "...for my hope is in Him"

- "My victory and honor come from God alone."

- "He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me."

- "...the powerful are not what they appear to be."

- "If your wealth increases, don’t make it the center of your life."

- "Surely you repay all people according to what they have done."

Proverbs

4. "Evil people get rich for the moment, but the reward of the godly will last."

See you next post...

No comments: