We have moved to www.martinamcgowan.com




Friday, May 20, 2011

Bonus: Francis Chan - Why We Can't Afford to Get Hell Wrong

A new video by Francis Chan about handling the debate on hell. 



There is a critical discussion going on about the existence of hell and what happens to us for eternity.


Mixed in with this discussion, sadly, is an arrogance about making God into something we can totally understand; putting God in a box, if you will.

This blog site is about teaching and applying the Word of God. Even though I am a teacher, I would be an absolute fool to claim that I understand all of God's ways. Something new and fresh and amazing is revealed to me almost daily. This is also why I like teaching "newbies." They bring fresh eyes to the scripture and challenge me to think and look with a new mind, and not just regurgitate or parrot what someone else has taught me.

I can only totally understand everything about God if I make Him something less that I am; something less than my puny imagination can conceive.

Sounds like an interesting book. I think that these are such important concept that I am posting it today, hot off the press. Download the Introduction here. The link seems safe, with nothing else to buy.


Check it out, let me know what you think.

No comments: