We have moved to www.martinamcgowan.com




Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Spirituality in Psalms: Psalm 139 A Meditation: You Know Me




Lord, you look into me.


The deepest parts of my heart and mind.


You look into, and know, and love the parts I am afraid to face.


You know me better than I know myself…before I knew myself.



You trod before me and light my path,


You watch behind me


You have set my path, and ordered the steps I could not understand.


You broke my heart to make me.


You healed me



How can I ever understand You well enough to tell the others?


How can I make them understand the surrounding and all-encompassing love you possess for them?



I cannot hide from you, Lord.


Although at times I wish my guilt and shame would cover me like a blanket or wash over my like a wave.



But…


You still know me, and search me, and pursue me wherever I am-


And amazingly, wonder of wonders…


You still love me!



Wow!


You still love me when I do not love myself, and when I know that I am unlovable.



Before I was made, before the earth was made, before the stars were made - I was there in Your heart




How do You hold us in Your love, in Your heart when I can barely hold one?



How magnificent and magnanimous You are!


Teach me, I beseech You, Lord


Show me Your way, that I may do You honor

Selah

No comments: