1. Jacob is dying. He blesses his grandsons first. They take Joseph's place in line. This is now the beginning of the "12 tribes of Israel.
2. Like his own blessing...he reverses the order. Stating that the younger will rule over the younger.
3. Jacob wants to be buried at "home."
4. The "prelude" to the blessing is remarkable...
- "the God who has been my shepherd all my life, to this very day, the Angel who has redeemed me from all harm..." This gives all honor and glory to God.
5. Jacob then "blesses" his sons. Some of these don't sound too nice. But, if we've been paying attention to the story, well earned. Remember, like their forefathers, and like us...these are human beings. We / they "screw" up. But God still watches over us.
New Testament / Matthew
6. Jesus feeds the 4 thousand. The people and the disciples are fed and are filled.
7. Sign of Jonah. Jonah was trapped in "the belly of the whale" for 3 days.
8. Signs of being human again. The disciples get to where they need to be...but they forgot to bring the bread, something to eat. Jesus scolds them. The lesson is not about actual bread and yeast...it's about true and false teachings. The yeast of the Pharisees and Pharisees is false teaching.
9. Here we have it again, the God of Jacob...may He answer all your prayers.
10.It is the hand of God that is directing this whole epic tale. the tales of Jacob, Joseph, and moving on tho the Tribes of Israel.
11. It is the hand of God that should direct our live. But remember, we too have a role to play. God doesn't just push us around like checkers. This life requires active participation. We are ambassadors for the kingdom of God.
12. Guard your heart above all else, for it determines your course in life. Stay true to your values. Don't get sidetracked!
See you next post...