1. Moses is to take a census (counting). Each man must pay a ransom for himself to the Lord. This is an atonement for themselves.
2. God gives the recipes for anointing oil, incense.
3. God once again gives ionstruction for keeping the sabbath, a day of complete rest. A time to rest and get re-freshed.
4. Then He gives Moses the two tablets inscribed with the terms of the covenant.
5. Jesus asks why the arrest should occur now, instaed of while He was teaching at the temple. My best guess would be that there would have been a riot among the people. Remember, all He was teaching was the truth. The "regular" people understood this much better than the priests. Their concern was with what they would lose, their status in the community. Again, remember that Jesus has already pointed out that all they do is for show!
6. And the disciples deserted Him and fled! Didn't these men just swear allegience? Didn't Peter just say a few verses ago that he would not forsake the Lord under threat of death?
7. Jesus is taken before the Council (Sanhedrin).
8. At first the Coucil can find no witnesses to lie (bear false witness) against Jesus. Then 2 men come to say that He was going to destroy the temple. They missed the metaphor...Jesus is the Temple that would be broken and re-built in three days (resurrection).
9.Jesus is asked once again if He is the Messiah. But he knows that no answer will be correct. Eventually He is accused of blasphemy.
10..."For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble." Reminds me of a song lyric..."I'm so glad my soul's got a resting place!"
11. "...for all who follow my ways are joyful."
Have a good sabbath,
See you next post...