1. The tablets have been destroyed by Moses in a fit of anger, now he has to make new ones for the Word of God.
2. Moses pleads once again for the Lord to stay with them.
3. He makes the Mosaic covenent. Remember, we have only had the Abrahamic covenant until now.
4. He repeats Himself about the feasts and the Ten commandments. He tells them not to mix with the other races. Kind of like a parent going over the same ground again.
5. Moses remained on the mountain 40 days. When he returns his face is so radian that he hs to wear a veil when he is around other people. This is the radiance which should be sprining from our hearts. Overflowing with the good news of the whole bible!
6. Keep the sabbath!
7. The crowd is given a choice. Release Jesus, called the Messiah or Barrabas, accused of muder. We all know this story, they choose Barabbas...they understand "his kind" better.
8. When asked what to do with jesus, the crowd cries," Crucify Him!"
9. Pilate washes his hands of this whole mess. Does that act exonerate him? Free his conscious...or his soul?
10. The soldiers mock Jesus; he was flogged (scourged) and led off for crucifixion.
11...."the Lord watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his unfailing love." His love is unfailing...and His mercy endures!
12. "We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield." He is our sheild!
13. Wisdom says, "...learn to use good judgment."
See you next post...