Monday, May 16, 2011
Talk to me...
One of the issues we have with the onslaught of social media, is that it becomes easy and almost rote to look through our collected list of sites, reading bits and pieces of what's written, and never truly engaging it. The onus for making the reading interesting and keeping the information fresh, is primarily the responsibility of the writer, or blogger.
But there is another side that of the issue we need to concern ourselves with. For those of us who aren't trying to sell you the newest shiny gadget...what we want is to stimulate reading, thinking and most of all, conversation. This is not meant to be a monologue, but a two-way conversation.
YOU help me make this a success or failure!
Whether you agree with what's written, disagree or have a different take on an issue, we strongly encourage you to leave comments, thoughts, and questions. Interact with us. In case you're new to this, here's how to make a comment:
1. Click on "comment" for the section you want. There's a comment at the end of each section.
2. A new page will appear, and you will see "leave your comment" box. Tap in this box to get a cursor, and type away. You may leave your name, initials, email address or nothing at the end.
3. There may be a "word verification" near the end. If it is there, simply type this word into the box provided. This is designed to keep bots (robots, automated systems) out.
4. Choosing an identity. Most of you will choose "anonymous", that's the easiest way to go.
5. When you are done click on "publish comment."
Since I posted this the first time, I have added a "share this" button in the right-hand column.
Grace and Peace,
See you next post...