1. Chapter 16 once again reviews the three pilgrim festivals, religious feasts which were to be held annually at the central place of worship.
2. Chapter 17 repeats the command that a person who traffics with other gods should be put to death, but specifies..."but never put a person to death on the testimony of only one witness. There must always be two or three witnesses. The witnesses must throw the first stones, and then all the people may join in. In this way, you will purge the evil from among you."
3. Even Herod, who had beheaded John the Baptist was perplexed as to the reports about Jesus continued to filter in.
4. Who do we say Jesus is?
- That's what it all boils down to for us. Only one answer will do. Only one answer will open the door to forgiveness and a new life.
5. The meaning of discipleship-
- Life saved or lost
- Let him deny himself...everything rooted in the old life
- Take up his own cross
- Follow Me
6. "Praise the Lord God, the God of Israel, who alone does such wonderful things."
7. " Better to be an ordinary person with a servant than to be self-important but have no food."
See you next post...