1. Balaam mounts his donkey to meet Balak. An angel stands in their way. The donkey "recognizes" this and avoids the angel. Balaam reacts by beating the donkey.
- Finally the donkey speaks to him to explain. Finally the angel speaks to him. As is a speaking donkey is not enough of a miracle.
2. They set up several altars, but ultimately Balaam blesses Israel, because God has blessed them, and he cannot curse them.
3. The birth of John the Baptist.
- Zechariah can now speak, and he prophesies..."And you, my little son, will be called the prophet of the Most High, because you will prepare the way for the Lord."
- John grows up and lives in the wilderness until his public ministry begins.
4. "You plot injustice in your hearts"
5. "...surely there is a God who judges justly here on earth."
6. "... a sensible person keeps quiet."
7. "A gossip goes around telling secrets, but those who are trustworthy can keep a confidence."
See you next post...