1. Chapter 11 states the conclusion "You must love the Lord your God and obey all his requirements, decrees, regulations, and commands."
- Love because you are loved.
- Respond because God has acted for you.
- Lay up God's word in your heart- because God has laid you on His heart.
- Believers are loved, and are to be loving.
- This too is part of the redemption message to humankind. Out of slavery into freedom. Growing through discipline to finally understand, God loves us. God accepts us. God has chosen us. God has chosen us as His own. You and I stand secure, surrounded by the love of God.
2. Many of the ritual elements of Israel's worship are explained by a simple phrase we find repeated in Deuteronomy 12- "Do not worship the Lord your God in the way these pagan peoples worship their gods."
- The worship of God must be as distinct from the worship of pagan idols as God Himself is from dead wood and stone.
3. Corporate worship in Israel was to be focused in the one place on earth where God's presence was established.
- But where is God present today?
- God is present in His people- God has come in the person of the Holy Spirit and has taken up residence in you and me!
4. Invitation to trust
- Jesus' actions reinforced the awareness of all around Him of who He is.
5. Jesus again demonstrates His power over nature, miraculously dispersing the storm and bringing a sudden calm to a raging sea.
- The creation obeys its Creator; it knows its God.
6. He freed the possessed.
- Even demons bow down before Jesus; Satan knows Him as Lord of all.
7. "But may all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness in you."
8. "A worthy wife is a crown for her husband, but a disgraceful woman is like cancer in his bones."