1. Israel was again promised full possession of the lane. But with the promise came a warning: "After the Lord your God has done this for you, don’t say in your hearts, ‘The Lord has given us this land because we are such good people!’ No, it is because of the wickedness of the other nations that he is pushing them out of your way."
2. Israel was then reminded of its history on unresponsiveness, and warned. Then, in touching words, God showed how deeply He loved this people, even though they had been rebellious. Read Deut. 10:12-22 carefully and you will see God's love in action.
3. The parable of the sower
- The parable of the sower teaches that the Good News of Jesus falls like seeds on men's hearts. The seed falls on different kinds of ground.
- Some hear, but quickly are distracted and forget.
- Some hear and delight, but fall away.
- Some let the cares or delights of this world choke out the good seed.
- Warning: There will come a time when seeds of truth which have not been allowed to take root are snatched away.
4. How are we to use the seed and the light? We are to respond to it. Respond brings relationship, and our relationship hinges on whether or not we are willing to accept God's message about Jesus Christ. If we hear and believe, we become members of God's family. If we reject, we stay outside...forever.
5. "The Lord approves of those who are good"
See you next post...